Discussions in English
suf
Reactions:
Ima zahvala: 0
 pohvaljen: 0

Visiting Croatia

Post Postao/la suf »

Hello everyone,

My name is Mihai (BGG username sufertashu) and I am from Romania. Me and my wife are passionate boardgamers just like you. I am writing here because we are about to go on a trip to Croatia, and part of the trip has to be about boardgames.

I have talked on BGG with Vedran (user Outlaw Pete), and he told me about this forum and about your play nights in Zagreb at Bogovićeva 1 and Savska 120 (if I'm not mistaking). We are going to arrive to Zagreb at the end of our trip, on Sunday, 28th of July. If there's a play session that evening we'd be delighted to join. That is, of course, if foreigners are welcome.

When I met Verdan, he was interested in trading games. Like all serious gamers, I buy and sell a lot of game and have a couple for trade at the moment. Since we're coming to Croatia, I could bring some if any of you are interested. I am not sure what your rules are, so first I kindly ask for permission from the forum administrators and moderators if it is possible for me to list games for sale here. I have sold hundreds of games to make room in our small apartment. Now all Romanian gamers gave me all their money in exchange for my games and now they cannot afford to buy any more :?

On our trip we are going to visit a lot of places, including Dubrovnik, Korcula, Split, Plitvice, Rovinj, and Zagreb. We made reservations on booking.com and we planned a few activities. I got a couple books on Croatia in order to plan the trip and our schedule is tight, but I would be very grateful if you could suggest fun and not-so-common activities I may have missed around the places we are visiting (things like aqua parks, theme golf, salsa night, anything unusual) and remarkable places to eat.

Also, if it's not too much trouble, I would kindly ask for you to arrange for good weather during our trip (which starts Friday, so please hurry) :D

Cheers,
Mihai
buraz
Reactions:
Ima zahvala: 403 puta
 pohvaljen: 114 puta
Kontakt:

Re: Visiting Croatia

Post Postao/la buraz »

Hello, and wellcome :)

I have moved your topic into English subforum, so you're officially first poster here :hepihepi

I think that 28th July there should be playing evening in Savska, and you're most wellcome to come :) .. But you should check maybe week before, cause somethimes for some reasons that don't depend on us we can't play there. You can ask here and someone will tell you.

Considering game selling, you're also wellcome to do it. Go here, and make a new post that has a "[P]" in a title . That is first word in prodajem which is Croatian word for sale. You can list games there and try to arrange game sales.

I'm glad that you choose Croatia for holiday, I know that you'll have great time there. :thumbs
From a places to visit, I would recomend nacional parks: Paklenica, Kornati, Krka or Sjeverni Velebit.. they all are on your path, so not visiting any of them would be a sin.

that's all fom me now, glad that we have a first poster here :ljubav
slika
Zoki
Reactions:
Ima zahvala: 11 puta
 pohvaljen: 19 puta
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Zoki »

First of all, hello and welcome to the forums. We hope you'll enjoy your stay. Glad to hear you choose Croatia as your holiday destination. I can tell you, you won't regret it. As far as the board gaming concerns, you are more than welcome to visit our playrooms during your stay in Zagreb and bring your own games. On july 28th we will be at Savska 120 playroom (how to get there: http://igranje.hr/playroom-prostor ) If you have any more questions we'll be happy to answer.

Also, and I think admins will approve, you can list games for sell in this topic just to make it easier for you.

Considering your trip, like Buraz said, our national parks are "must see" and I’m sure we can arrange you a tour around Zagreb when you get here. ;)
suf
Reactions:

Post Postao/la suf »

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome and suggestions, we will definitely visit Krka as it seems closer to our route. I'm sure we'll be visiting Croatia again sometime in next few years to see other places. We have lots of mountains in Romania too, so for now "watery" stuff is more attracting to us :D

Unfortunately, we won't have much time to spend in Zagreb (just one evening and one morning, then a 6 hour drive) but we'd gladly take a tour of the city and will attend your playroom in the evening. I think we can find it, but it would be great if I could have some contact details just in case. Any cheap parking nearby? If not, we're staying at Villa Antunovac, so walking wouldn't be a problem. At what hour does the gaming begin?

As a side question: Is Euro a valid currency in Croatia, or do we need Kuna to pay for accommodation?
grof
Redovni član udruge
Reactions:
Ima zahvala: 1575 puta
 pohvaljen: 2354 puta
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la grof »

Welcome to our forum! :)

We usually start at 3 pm and end about 10 - 11 pm

To pay accommodation you need Kuna (Kuna is our official currency). Maybe some accommodation services accepting Euro, but I can not guarantee.
Ne prestajemo igrati jer smo ostarjeli, nego smo ostarjeli jer smo prestali igrati. - G.B. Shaw
Zoki
Reactions:
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Zoki »

Gaming hours could be a problem as we start kind of early on Sunday (15:00) and end around 20:00 or 21:00 so if u are planning on visiting our playroom in the evening you won't find many players (or in worst case no players at all).

Parking price is not a problem as it's free on sundays, the problem is finding a free spot :D Most of hostels/villas/hotels take Euros so you won't have any problem there ;)

If u are interested I can arrange you a tour that my friend is having every evening. It's call "tajne griča" You can check it out on: http://www.tajnegrica.hr/index.php?lang=en

Like I said before, if u have any questions feel free to ask ;)
suf
Reactions:

Post Postao/la suf »

So the gaming happens earlier during the day... I think we can arrive around 15:00-16:00 at the gaming location. Just out of curiosity: how many people are there usually?
Zoki
Reactions:
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Zoki »

It's hard to say as it's summer period, most of players are heading for coast or back home (students). Another thing is, there are less players on sundays than on tuesdays/fridays. But don't worry, there's always someone to play with.
Broloski
Reactions:
Ima zahvala: 52 puta
 pohvaljen: 197 puta
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Broloski »

suf je napisao/la:So the gaming happens earlier during the day... I think we can arrive around 15:00-16:00 at the gaming location. Just out of curiosity: how many people are there usually?
Depends on many factors.
Is the F1 airing?
How hot it is?
How "hard" we gamed last time?
Is there something special on the gaming menu?
Generaly, we see a decline in the number of players gaming on sunday, but you will probably meet around 15-20 gaming enthusiast.
Krscho
Reactions:
 pohvaljen: 15 puta
Kontakt:

Post Postao/la Krscho »

Broloski je napisao/la:
suf je napisao/la:So the gaming happens earlier during the day... I think we can arrive around 15:00-16:00 at the gaming location. Just out of curiosity: how many people are there usually?
Depends on many factors.
Is the F1 airing?
And F1 is airing that sunday the 28th :)
PA JESAM LI JA JEDINI LUĐAK OVDJE KOJI JE SPREMAN TE SOTONE NAZVATI PRAVIM IMENOM??
Odgovori

Natrag na “English”